GFTeam Canada Covid-19 Waiver of Liability
GFTeam Canada Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is doing everything we can to protect our students as well as our workers. To this extent, we will be following the Center of Disease Control (CDC) and local health department guidelines with regard to social distancing practices in order to reduce the spread of Novel Coronavirus, or COVID-19. This will require our students and staff to maintain six (6) feet of distance between ourselves as much as possible. We will also be requiring this same procedure for client-to-client contact in order to limit the exposure to all individuals.
- We will require all individuals (students and staff) to sanitize their hands before and after every class, hand sanitizers will be available in the reception area.
- I acknowledge the contagious nature of the Coronavirus/COVID-19 and that the CDC and many other public health authorities still recommend practicing social distancing.
- I further acknowledge that GFTeam Canada Brazilian Jiu Jitsu has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
- I further acknowledge that GFTeam Canada Brazilian Jiu Jitsu can not guarantee that I will not become infected with the Coronavirus/Covid-19. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to and/or infected by the Coronavirus/COVID-19 may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, academy staff, and other clients.
I attest that:
- I am not experiencing any symptoms of illness such as cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell. Also if I experience any of the above symptoms I will not come to the classes and will let the academy know.
- I have not traveled internationally within the last 14 days and if I do travel in the future I will not come to the classes and will let the academy know.
- I have not traveled to a highly impacted area within Canada in the last 14 days and if I do travel in the future I will not come to the classes and will let the academy know.
- I do not believe I have been exposed to someone with a suspected and/or confirmed case of the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
- I have not been diagnosed with Coronavirus/Covid-19 and not yet cleared as non contagious by state or local public health authorities.
- I am following all recommended guidelines by the health authorities as much as possible and limiting my exposure to the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
I hereby release and agree to hold GFTeam Canada Brazilian Jiu Jitsu harmless from, and waive on behalf of myself, my heirs, and any personal representatives any and all causes of action, claims, demands, damages, costs, expenses and compensation for damage or loss to myself and/or property that may be caused by any act, or failure to act of the academy, or that may otherwise arise in any way in connection with any services received from GFTeam Canada Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I understand that this release discharges GFTeam Canada Brazilian Jiu Jitsu from any liability or claim that I, my heirs, or any personal representatives may have against the academy with respect to any bodily injury, illness, death, medical treatment, or property damage that may arise from, or in connection to, any services received from GFTeam Canada Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. This liability waiver and release extends to the salon together with all owners, partners, and employees.